How do I audition to become a cast member for Southport Drama Club’s 2020-21 season?
Create a Flipgrid video by choosing one of the following monologues for your audition: Best Actress Speech (code a5323583) or Best Actor Speech (code 0fa33dfa). Follow the directions as outlined in Flipgrid. Note: becoming a DC cast member does not guarantee you a role for this year’s productions. Every DC cast member will need to audition for a role in this year’s upcoming plays. More information to come on this later.
How do I interview for a crew position for Southport Drama Club’s 2020-21 season?
Create a Flipgrid video by choosing one of the following crew positions listed below:
- Tech crew (code 9b6a19a3) – operates sound and lights for theatrical productions
- Stage crew (code 3c3a4257) – organizes and manages large/small props and scene changes on stage
- Set crew (code d7feb16c) – build, assemble, and paints sets for theatrical productions
Why do I need to audition/interview for the Drama Club?
Due to COVID-19 precautions, we are limiting the number of participants involved in the Drama Club and Spring Play for the 2020-21 season. However, don’t let that stop you! We will have several spots open for new DC members (6-8 grades).
Who needs to audition/interview?
- All SA 6th graders who wish to become a member of DC
- All 7-8 graders who are new to Southport DC and wish to become a member of the DC
- DC members from the 2019-20 season who is not yet a junior thespian
Do I need to audition/interview for DC if I am a junior thespian?
No. In order to be a part of the 2020-21 DC season, you only need to email Ms. Vaught and indicate your intention to participate this season. Your DC membership is guaranteed.
What is the latest date I can audition/interview for Southport DC? When will I know if I have been chosen as a cast/crew member for the 2020-21 season?
The latest date you can submit an audition/interview is Wednesday, September 30th by midnight. Cast/crew members that have been chosen for the 2020-21 season will be notified no later than Wednesday, October 7th. Most likely, new members will be notified before that date.